Friday, August 15, 2014

Day 4 of F to F and a new project

My first piece for the Farm to Fabric project is 46" x 48" and it is now 1/3 quilted. I will hit it hard this weekend while I have a new group of movies that I borrowed from the library playing.

I received an email from the MQG about a Michael Miller Challenge for QuiltCon. They would send you a FQ bundle for free of 8 Cotton Couture fabrics to use. You had to promise to make a piece for the show. What the heck I thought and I signed up. Well, I must have beat the crowd because I get the free bundle, but now I have another project to get done by the end of November! I have been thinking about what I am going to make and it will take me purchasing a few more yards of Cotton Couture. The rules say you can use Michael Miller prints for the back and the binding, but only Cotton Couture for the front. I have outlined the colors they are sending. I usually don't work in pastels.

No more signing up for challenges! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

You are doing great with deadlines!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Wow! You got the fabrics from Michael miller! You go girl!

I am sure you will come up with something wonderful.