Friday, August 22, 2014

Day 10 of the F to F projects

I am officially starting to panic! I did get about 1/4 of the last section quilted last evening between the coughing, sneezing, and blowing my nose. Other than getting a haircut Saturday morning, I will be chaining myself to the sewing machine this weekend. The piece I am working on is 46" x 48" and the other piece I want to get done is 46" x 47".

I did receive the additional fabric I purchased for the Michael Miller challenge for QuiltCon. I was one of the lucky people that gets a free bundle of 8 FQs of Cotton Couture for this challenge. There is not enough fabric with the 8 FQs to do what I want so I bought more Cotton Couture. The free fabrics are pastels which I don't work in very often so I bought a few fabrics to punch this project up a bit.

My free FQs won't be shipped until the end of the month, but I will post them with these fabrics once they arrive. I will have to read the rules again because I think this may be another one of those projects I can't post pictures of. So as soon as I get the F to F pieces done I will be jumping right into the Michael Miller challenge.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I hope you feel better soon and that you have a very productive weekend.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I recently read a remedy for a sore throat. Make some Jell-O but warm it in the microwave instead of chilling. add a couple of tablespoons of honey. Drink it. The Jell-O will coat your throat. The honey will hang with the gelatin and coat your throat. The honey has antibacterial properties and will kill your germs!!