Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Progress on the quilt tops and yard work

I got the borders on one of the quilt tops.

I have the borders laid out for the second top and I plan on finishing this one tonight.

Despite wind guts up to 39 mpg, I decided with the temp being 74 degrees I needed to go and do some yardwork. I gave my ornamental grass a haircut

Then I cleaned up the dead coneflowers.

It took 4 trips with the wheelbarrow and an hour and 15 minutes to haul all the material to the back compost pile. The daffodils are growing fast!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like those colors in the first quilt. Did you buy coordinating prints, or did you mix and max your own set of fabrics?

patty a. said...

Dana,

I used the same fabrics in both quilt tops. It is interesting how different they look though. The fabrics were not from one line of fabrics. None of the fabrics were from the same fabric line. I just went to my stash and pulled fabrics that went together.