Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A behind the scenes look

I spent time gathering quilts and items I need to take with me for my lecture tomorrow evening. There is a fair amount of prep work that takes place so hopefully I don't look like a goof!

The place I am going to does not have a projector so I need to take my portable design wall I made in February for the art museum workshop. I decided to modify it and put an easel back on it. After thinking about this for the past couple of day I had a plan. I had a cardboard shipping box from some shoes I bought a couple of months ago and never got around to throwing out the box - thank goodness! I cut the whole width of the front off leaving on the end flaps. I positioned the piece on the back and taped one of the flaps to the back of the wall. I then got some fabric and taped to the other flap. The fabric goes under the design wall and I used small binder clips to hold the fabric in place. To give the design wall some stability I will place one of my covered bricks inside the easel back. I did the fabric at the bottom so I can unclip the fabric and the easel back will be flat for transporting and storage.

I have my quilts and quilt tops gathered.

My boxes of FQs to vend

The handouts (already in the car)

All that is left is to sort thru this pile of pieces and parts that I have used in previous lectures and the workshop. I will not be cutting or sewing so I need to have step by step examples ready to put on the design wall. Gosh, I am going to have to be super organized!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm sure it's going to be great! Have fun!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LOL! Yes, super organized. That is where I have no problems having been in toastmasters for 22 years!!!

. I saw a program done by one of the shop owners who is not used to being in .front of a group. Her pieces were willy nilly in her box and it really was a mess.

You will not be like her, I am sure. She was just a basket case I felt so sorry for her.