Friday, December 21, 2012

29th finish 2012 and vacation

I managed to get one more McQuilt done last evening.


Here are the four McQuilts done. I will turn them in at lunchtime today at the big company wide xmas pig out. All of the rest of the stuff that was collected for donating to the local Ronald McDonald house will be on display.
I have blocks set up for two more quilts and that 5th one that has the binding sewn on, but I need to finish mitering the corners and hand stitching. I may work on these during vacation time.

I am taking time off during the holidays to stay home and just chill. I do have some things I need to get done before xmas eve:

Make two pecan pies, one pumpkin, and sweet potatoe casserole

Make 6 pillowcases out of this pile of fabric

Put a label on the family xmas quilt

and alter a piece of clothing.

After xmas eve (my family has xmas on xmas eve) I have 5 or 6 days to myself to do what I want when I want! I have started a list of things I would like to accomplish.


I plan on going and visiting my friend Peg for New Years. Jan. 2 will be a year since her husband died. She said if I wasn't coming she would have to spend New Year's Eve alone - well, I can't let that happen! I will take down a bottle of my chocolate wine and we will toast Russell and just live in the moment of our friendship.


Everyone have a safe and happy holiday season and I will be back on Jan.2, 2013.

No comments: