Monday, August 2, 2010

Machine Quilting done on the museum quilt


I finished the machine quilting on this piece this weekend. I plan on adding some hand quilting with some pearl cotton. I managed to get most of the fabric I bought last weekend washed and pressed. I still have two pieces to wash - one piece is over 8 yards and I think the other was over 7 yards.

The last two weeks at work have been crazy. We had someone leave their position for another company and since we are slow right now I was elected to learn the job. It is hard to learn from a scattered drama queen, but now she is gone and I will manage with everyone's help. I was asked to write work instructions for the position for the next person. I know my estimating position will come back and I will be busy with that so they may need to hire someone for the contract administrator job sometime in the future.

No comments: