Monday, August 31, 2026

A show, cookies, and thread bed progress

It has been a busy three days since I posted last. Thursday evening I made two double batches of oatmeal raisin cookies to take on the road trip with the band on Friday. I set up two mixing bowls for my Kitchenaid mixer and here they are with one batch almost used.
I ended up with 80 large cookies. I got them all packed before I went to bed.
The band hit the road about 10:20 Friday morning and headed to Morgantown. WV. We were a bit early so we stopped in downtown Morgantown so the guys could get their picture with the Don Knotts statue. After that we stopped so a couple of the guys could get some coffee.
The venue had lots of people that helped us load in which was so nice! Here is the merch booth set up.
There were so many people I didn't have much of a view.
Here is the stage with the river running behind it. I did see a few boats stop and listen to the show. I got slammed at the merch booth and had no time to watch the show. We got loaded out a bit later than expected since Michael's girlfriend and I were still selling merch when the headliner came on. I got to bed at 2:20 AM Saturday morning.
It took me a while to get moving on Saturday. I worked on finishing up these three thread beds
I needed to make more interfaced flannel pieces so I worked on those and used up all the flannel my friend had sent me.
I went digging thru the fabric storage room to see if I had any more white flannel and I found a big piece! I don't remember when I bought this, but I was happy to find it!
I also found this small piece of off white flannel that I think would look nice with these fabrics
Sunday I made a quick trip to the grocery store, got gas, stripped the beds in the guest room to wash the sheets, and did laundry. I covered the beds in the guest room with quilts so I could use the space to organize things again for the project bags and thread beds. I cut out four thread beds and a project bag from this cute fabric with shells on it. They are now done.
I needed to clean up the studio a bit and get to a place where loose ends are finished up. One of those loose ends was two thread beds that didn't have the lining piece or pocket piece cut and interfaced. I cut those out and didn't see the problem with a dark line in the flannel until I was almost done.
I decided not to tear it apart and just finished it for me to use. I added to the finished bin of thread beds the other one so now I have 79 done!
There are more thread beds to come! My sister and her friend were at a new cross stitch shop in Georgia on Saturday. She said my thread beds were nicer and bigger than the ones they had at the shop. She sent a picture with the price tag and oh my the price was much more than I charge. I am happy with what I charge for mine to make it easier for more people to afford one.  My sister also ran into a woman that had been to the retreat we went to in April/May.  The woman had ordered another project bag and TB from me which she had with her!  It's a small world!

No comments: