Last night when I got home from work I notice that the neighbor's tree was now touching my garage roof. There is some vine that grows like a weed intertwined in most of his trees. I didn't like what I saw so I took action. I wanted to make it a bit harder for critters to end up on the roof.
I crawled up on the roof and cut back as far as I could without leaning or over reaching. Once I got down to the ground I could pull on the vines and finish cutting what I could. Here is what it looks like now. A good job done.
The rest of the evening I made and sewed on labels. Another job done. This morning it dawned on me that I put the wrong last name on the yellow label. I was able to fix it without making a new label.
The yellow and purple quilt will be an anniversary gift for a couple that are always helping out with the band especially the hard part of packing up after a show. They are having a anniversary party in a couple of weeks. I have a love/hate relationship with this quilt. I like the colors and the way I quilted it, but once it was done in 2012 and I hung it up for the picture, it looked so unbalanced to me. I posted it on July 9, 2012. It was my 19th finish for the year. I didn't measure it, but it is probably a full size quilt. Each one of the batik squares was quilted differently and I hand dyed the yellow and purple fabric on the back.
So with giving this one away and two more baby quilts I will have reduced my stash of quilts by five quilts in the last couple of months.