Monday, August 21, 2017

Big weekend/big progress

Friday was the last show for the season for my nephew's band at Rockin' on the River in Lorain. We arrived between 2:30 and 3 p.m., unloaded the trailer, and set up the merchandise booth. We had the big merchandise sold here sign up (you can see it on the ground behind the tent) - it extends above the tent, but it was windy so we had to take it down. We were afraid the whole tent would be blown over despite it being staked down.

Here is the stage.

Michael's band opened up for an Aerosmith tribute band. In this area tribute bands are a big deal and are always the headliners. We had the biggest crowd ever and they loved the band. I was very busy selling CDs, EPs, t-shirts, LPs, and picks before and during the show. After the show there must have been 75 people in line. The fellow that runs the show could not get over how many people were in the line! I sold all the CDs we had and only had 8 medium shirts left. Everything was going like hotcakes! It was crazy! I couldn't sell the stuff fast enough. The Aerosmith band asked Michael if he would play with them for the last song in their finale. Here he is on stage in the red shirt jammin' with them. They were really nice guys.

After the show we headed home. I was so tired. I got to bed at 1:45 a.m. I finally drug myself out of bed on Saturday and spent all day watching movies and Live PD while I stitched. I did get to stitch a bit before the show on Friday. Guess what? I ran out of green floss again! I almost have the Monster done.

I did a bit on this shirt. I am not sure what I am going do or if I am going to do anything with the lettering, but there is a least a little stitching on this one.

Next I started on this shirt.

I finished it on Sunday

Sunday afternoon I got started on this shirt

I pushed hard and got it done

I have seven shirts that still need embroidery added and I have 18 days to get them done.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Michael must be thrilled that so much merchandise sold!

Deadlines are good and bad. You will get it done but it is probably beginning to feel like a job at this point. A little on each shirt will make it look consistent and no one will know what else you intended to add but didn't get done.

Ann said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, Patty. How lucky to be able to work with your nephew.

Vicki W said...

You are doing great on this!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

woo hoo for michael!

You are looking good! I know you can do this.......keep plugging on.