Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Jan. review - Feb. goals

1/12th of the year is gone already! In January I had three finishes and made four tops to donate. Not bad.

For February my goals are to finish the maple leaf quilt, make the t-shirt graduation quilt, and work on my improv Chinese Coin quilt. I am now 62% done with quilting the maple leaf quilt.

I found another UFO. I can't believe I didn't finished this piece. It is even bound! I am hand quilting it and have had it a very long time. The star block was made by an aunt of a friend. It was the only piece of patchwork she had of her aunt's. She wanted me to put it in a wall hanging so I found some fabrics that look good with the fabrics in the star block and made this simple piece. It is probably 80% quilted! Why did I stop? I have no idea, but I just want to get this done and given to the person it belongs to.

I did try and find the stencil I used for the solid muslin blocks, but it seems to have been lost or given away over the years. I will have to make up some templates and redraw the design in the four squares left to quilt.

4 comments:

swooze said...

Quilting for others time! I love that unusual setting for the star block.

Vicki W said...

These old UFOs need to learn to finish themselves!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope you can finish that hand quilting soon and have that off your mind. Isn't it amazing how we can put these things away and forget about then?

Janice Holton said...

What a lovely thing to do for someone. I LOVE that idea.