Friday, December 16, 2016

My first Xmas present and progress on the zig zag quilt

Yesterday, I received my first Xmas present. It was from a girlfriend. Last week I gave her one of my hand knitted scarfs and this is what I received

Now I don't have to borrow it from the library!

I managed to get 5 rows of blocks sewn together last evening. They are the ones in the lower right. I still need to sew the rows together. The missing row is sitting beside my machine ready to be sewn.

My only plans for this weekend is to work on this quilt and get some walking in. It was cold walking this morning - 7 degrees! The forecast for tomorrow is 48 degrees and rain. We will see ...


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

BRRRR! That is cold for walking. We are supposed to get snow first today, the freezing rain and drizzle for many hours and then back to snow again late tomorrow. I hope this isn't a sign of how the whole winter is going to be

Vicki W said...

Nope. I will not walk outside when it's that cold!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

We are quite warm right now, but the rain is along the front's edge. I expect we will get colder again very soon. I so wish she was having a girl. Pinks are so much cooler than blues! I did buy a construction equipment fork and knife set though. That was pretty cute.