Thursday, November 1, 2012

What a difference a hurricane makes & wedding quilt progress

It finally quit raining yesterday at lunchtime so I went down to the towpath for a walk. My toes are nice and callused, taped up and ready for a action. I haven't walked since last Thrusday because of the rain and wind from Sandy. I thought I would take some pictures of the water down at the towpath so you could see the difference in water volume a hurricane can make. I noticed right away how much louder it was with all the water rushing over the ledges and rocks.

Here is a shot from underneath the bridge 8/22/12

then on 10/31/12

along the river 8/23/12

along the river 10/31/12


water running down the old lock 9/20/12

10-31-12

10/9/12

10/31/12

And then there were two ducks having a swim

I got another block finished on the wedding quilt last evening so only 3 more to go!

It is raining again this morning so I don't know if I will get to walk today or not. After work I will be going to the museum for an appreciation event for the volunteers. It doesn't start until 5:30 so I will have time to go see the new exhibit before the event.

No comments: