Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Working on that UFO

I worked on this UFO last night and made some nice progress. I am so close to having it done. I only have two blocks with their centers to quilt and five more centers to quilt. I quilted five centers last evening. Some of the fabric for the centers came from Vicki of Field Trips in Fiber http://vickiwelsh.typepad.com. She had made a music themed quilt for her nephew several years ago and I was the lucky recipient of the leftover pieces. I have volunteered to make a music themed quilt as a donation to a silent auction for the local public radio station, so you will be seeing more music quilts in the future.


Here is the back which quilting can be seen easier. The blocks are quilted with 1/4" lines and the rectangles in the blocks are 1/8" lines - all free motion. I am using Sulky on the front in different colors and Essentials white on the back. Yes, the binding is already done, but I am still quilting. I had a habit of not following the rules and executing the steps out of sequence that most books say on how to make a quilt.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a great way to use the small scraps!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a lot of quilting! It looks terrific.