Thursday, January 20, 2011

Working on the next batch

I machine quilted a bit on this piece. It looks a lot like the one I posted yesterday. I liked the dotted fabric so I bought some in the red and orange colorways. I am quilting this one in blue.

I put the sizes that I cut the strips for the last few baby quilts I have posted. This is a strip set already sewn together, but the measurements are the cut sizes. After I sew the strip sets then I cut the blocks to 9 1/2". I sure you all can take it from there putting it together. A simple quilt, but very cute. I call it ZigZag What-to-be.

I was digging thru the closet and found strips sew together for two more of these quilts. I usually have a cutting day where I cut the strips and binding, then drape each quilt's strips over a hanger. I always mark which strips are the binding since the size I cut is very close to the size of the strips and I have gotten them mixed up in the past. Let me know if you have any questions about this quilt.

No comments: