Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Progress on the gray and pink top

I got the top trimmed, the backing pieced, and the batting cut. The quilt is now ready for me to pin baste it.

I don't have confirmed plans for my four days off for Thanksgiving. I could be helping my son move, I should try and get some painting done around the house before the guy comes to refinish my floors 12/11/17, and I need to travel to the town where my parents house was to pick up from the neighbor a couple items the neighbor bought at an auction for me. The Universe has seen that my Dad's mother's treadle machine will be back in the family so I must go get it. Of course, I want to do a bit of sewing. So far I have not been invited to dinner Thanksgiving, but I did buy the fixings to make a cheesecake just in case. I should make a pecan pie and take it to my brother as I owe him one for his birthday with was 10/31/17. I had that nasty cold so there was no way I was baking.

I hope you all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Ann said...

That was quick. It is a lovely quilt. For a young girl?

Vicki W said...

I think this one is my favorite so car! Good thing you got the new car so you would have room for the sewing machine!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like this combination of pink and gray.

swooze said...

Come on down to Dallas! I’ll feed ya!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Then you could head over to Louisiana, we ALWAYS have food! And we are doing our thanksgiving on Saturday so you will be on time!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving your 'pink & grey' quilt! That large grey floral is wonderful!

Kaja said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I agree that the grey peonies look wonderful in this mix.