Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Trying to take a breath

I managed to get enough done on the R.E.M. piece to get it photographed last evening. I added the pin buttons and sewed on the buttons from a shirt. I drilled tiny holes in the guitar picks and stitched those on. The patches were just taped on for the photo because I still need to add more stitching where some of them will be attached permanently. I had also bought some new old stock R.E.M. key chains from 1995. I wasn't sure how I would use them in the quilt, but last night I decided to just hang on from a pocket and attached it by snapping the ring in the snap. Here are a few detail pictures

I got a quick shot of the piece before the photographer started shooting. He was a really nice fellow and answered all my concerns. I will post the photo he took once I get it, but here is mine I took with my iPhone. I was happy that it hung straight! I hadn't had time to see if it did hang straight.

I am trying to breathe a bit easier now since I met the photo deadline, but it is hard for me to calm my brain down. I will continue to work on this piece as there is a lot more embroidery that needs added. I have to turn it in between September 5 - 8, so at least I don't have to concentrate every waking moment to working on it. It will be nice just to spend some time cooking a real meal or cleaning up around the house without being stressed about spending the time doing that instead of stitching.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you got it to the right point for the photo. It does look like it is hanging really straight and it looks great by the way.

Mary said...

Looks good to me. Nice stand to hang it on for photos. Breathe deep and enjoy the view.

QuiltSwissy said...

Oh my gosh! I love all those things on the quilt! You are so creative.

Kaja said...

I'm glad you got this to a point you were happy with for the photos. It looks so great already. I hope you can enjoy working on it at a slightly slower pace now.