Thursday, August 24, 2017

AHIQ #24 and progress on the R.E.M. quilt

It is time to post about the third quarter AHIQ project which is the use of words in a quilt. I have had the idea to make a quilt using sayings and quotes. I just found my notebook where I have been keeping the sayings I have collected so therefore no progress has been made in constructing a quilt.

Now I could say my improv R.E.M. quilt somewhat fits the rules of the AHIQ project this quarter because it does contain lettering and words, but I started this quilt back in April way before the third quarter AHIQ was announced.

Yesterday was crazy therefore no post happened. Things are quiet again - yeah! I did get another t-shirt stitched and finished.

I have 15 days to get the last 6 shirts done. An extra day off for Labor Day will help.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Good luck in getting it finished. Labor Day weekend should help with the progress. I hope you are getting the cooler weather that we have now, low humidity and a nice gentle breeze at about 70 degrees this near 11 a.m.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I guess I need to read closer since I didn;t realize the theme for AHIQ was words......

Ann said...

I'm glad your REM quilt is coming along. I'm sure you'll have it done in time.
A quilt of sayings sounds like a great idea. I plan to use some baseball sayings on my baseball quilt.and am starting some letters now. We'll see how it goes.

Kaja said...

I still love the idea of using your collected sayings in a quilt. The REM quilt is looking good.