Monday, May 13, 2013

What I got done this weekend

The Halloween quilt top is done! I forgot to measure it, but my design wall is 8' x 8' so it is a pretty good size.

Glen, you see your fabric?

My quilting buddy, Peg, is going to come for a quilting weekend in June so I decided I needed to make a quilt for her gray and yellow room. I used 15 yellows and 15 grays from my stash for this top. I reduced my stash by 7 1/2 yards. I will work on sewing the row together this week. This quilt is for a twin bed.

I did go out Sunday morning and weed wacked the tall grass in the back yard near the edge of the woodes that has not been mowed this year. It was still wet, but at least it is cut. After weed wacking the front also and mowing, two hours had passed and I needed to get back to the gray and yellow quilt

4 comments:

BeckyK said...

These two quilts are really awesome. I'm not a fan of yellow, but the way you combined it with grey . . . I may become a convert! Lovely!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love both of these quilts!! Is it OK if I copy you?

Vicki W said...

I love both of them and am very happy to see the zig zag blocks in the Halloween quilt!

MariQuilts said...

These are wonderful....I really need to make me a few of these. I love the grey and yellow.