Friday, May 17, 2013

Let the weekend begin!

I spent my time last evening cleaning off my big sewing table in preparation for pin basting the gray and yellow quilt. I finally decided on a backing and here it is tossed on the table. I still need to press it.

Here is a closeup of the fabric. I bought what was left on the bolt. This was in the bargain basement at Miller's last October and I think there was about 12 yards so I still have some left.


I thought I would spend all weekend at home, but that isn't going to happen. My brother called me last night to tell me Michael is playing on Saturday night in Cleveland with his band in a charity fund raiser. He doesn't play until 11 p-.m. - I am going to need a nap! Then on Sunday I am going to visit my son. Sounds like the weekend is going to go quick!

I spent some time looking on the internet for dark gray cotton quilting thread 40/3 and have had no luck so far. Until I find some, I will quilt everything else until I find some.

Have a great one!

1 comment:

Frog Quilter said...

Have you tried perma core thread. Quilts very well.