Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The dress

I have been doing everything and anything to avoid fixing this dress! I finally made myself turned off The Karate Kid - the old one which I have seen before and I was watching just to avoid working on the dress. I took in the sides of the bodice and next was taking out the pockets in the skirt and putting them back in. It turned out not to be as difficult as I had imagined. I just took it one step and one pocket at a time. Then I got the skirt sewn back onto the bodice at the side seams where I had to take it apart for moving the pockets. I still need to smooth out the top of the bodice where I took the side seams in. The front and the back don't match anymore. I do have to take in the interfacing with the boning in it to match the new size also. Then it will be onto hemming. Besides the dress, there is an underskirt with two layers - one is a polyester type fabric with a small rolled hem and the other is netting which I can just cut off. I probably won't have any time tonight to work on it since I am delivering the car tonight. Since the dress is being picked up Thursday night, that leaves me Wednesday night to get it done. No messin' about on Wednesday!

1 comment:

Exuberant Color said...

you are brave to tackle that type of altering. I did it when I was younger but I wouldn't touch it now. Your friends and customers are lucky to have you to help them.