Friday, August 2, 2019

12th finish for 2019

Yes, I managed to get it done with the help of the sewing angels! I had to sew the binding on all by machine, but it is what it is.

I was sweating it that I was going to run out of black thread as I frantically sewed the binding down. As you can see I had plenty! LOL!!!

I had to spend part of my day at work moving from a small conference room that I was using as office space to a cubical. What a pain. I like being in the small conference room because I could control the lighting. The overhead lights are just too bright for me so I just kept them off in the conference room and used my Ott light. Now I have no control and I have to wear a visor to block out the overhead lights. Sometimes I have to use my magnifiers to read so that will be a real trick to wear them and the visor.

Oh well, it is Friday and I am glad about that. We have a Lunch 'n Learn today so it is Chipotle for lunch. I know there will be lots of food and lots of leftovers. I always help the other women clean up afterward - and there is some serious clean up to do. There are always leftovers and so I know what I will be having for meals this weekend.

I plan on working on using up the 2 1/2" and 3 1/2" strips of African fabric that were in that pile. I will be cutting solid Kona to pair up with them so there are many more checkerboard baby quilts that will be made.

Have a great weekend!


Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I KNEW you would get it done. It turned out great!

I used to work at a machine shop and had my own office off the shop with a small bathroom. It was not my PRIVATE bathroom, but no one really came in to use it except maybe one of the girls that worked in the shop. I could not tolerate the overhead lights and kept a lamp on my desk. Our plant manager suggested that fluorescent lights kind of pulse and that might have bothered me. Then the owner decided to move and remodeled the new building to include a large office with cubicles made of partitions that did not go to the ceiling. You could hear other's conversations and shop guys often walk through the common area to the plant manager's office. I just could not deal with the lack of quiet and privacy and retired at 62 6 months after we moved. After a brief break I might have looked for another job but Terry retired for health reasons 3 months after I did. It all turned out OK.
xx, Carol

Vicki W said...

I love how that turned out!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the African quilt!! I hope the recipient likes it too. I just have to dig into my African fabrics again now. I have a huge blanket box full of them and I have one die for my die cutter that I want to use soon.

I made 2 sixteen patch African quilts and used black both times as the alternate fabric. Now I think the next one will have several bright solids. Is that what yours will be too?

Ann said...

A wonderful finish, Patty. I notice your block pieces stayed "square." When I sewed this design mine seemed to pull out of perpendicular. Plus your fabrics are very exciting.