Thursday, September 25, 2014

MQG meeting

The five of us had a fun meeting last evening. Here are some of the items brought for show and tell.

Stephanie's commission quilt
Front

She took the scraps and pieced the back

June made this cute Halloween table runner. She did a great job!

Joanna made this wonderful small quilt with striped fabric from her husband's shirts.

She finished this small quilt combining left over pieces from other projects.

Then she showed this top that she cut up a convergence top and added some batik fabric she had made plus other fabrics.

I showed the two Halloween quilts.

Yesterday I received my order from Fabric.com. I needed some quilting thread for my Michael Miller challenge piece and a couple of colors for another quilt for QuiltCon. They also had Halloween fabric on sale so I got a little extra of the white fabric I will be using in my Moda QuiltCon piece and I needed a dark Halloween piece for binding it.

Tonight is Artist appreciation night for the Akron Art Prize so I will be spending a couple of hours greeting visitors and answering any questions about my piece "Where's Jimmy?" I already know I have at least one person I know coming. My piece was shown in the newspaper which was pretty cool even though they did not mention my name.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope the photos in the newspaper encourage a lot of people to come see the art.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Wow! Being in the newspaper makes you feel so good! Congrats! People will recognize it. I hope you get a lot of people talking about the pants!!!