Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Brownies, walking, and sewing - Oh my!

Yesterday morning I made from scratch brownies for work. It was one of the project managers anniversary's - 5 years. Let's just say they smelled like heaven! I didn't eat any, but I did smell a lot! Everyone enjoyed them. I put those on my list of stuff I am going to eat when I get back from the wedding of the century.

Yesterday was a beautiful day - about 40 degrees - perfect for walking at lunch down at the towpath - that's what they call the trail around here. I guess that is from the locks and moving the canal boats. Anyway, I have not been able to figure out how far I have been walking until yesterday. I walked a little farther around a bend and there was the entrance for another trail head. It was only about 30 or 40 yards from where I had been stopping, but you can't see it from where I was stopping. There was a sign and the distance between the trail heads is 1 1/4 miles. So that is a 2 1/2 mile round trip. It is enough to get the blood moving. It is not flat - there are some grades, but not real steep. Just enough that you know you are going up and working a bit harder. Here are my pictures from yesterday. The leaves are turning!



When I got home from work I did my exercise video (54 minutes) and then went for another 2 1/2 mile walk around the neighborhood. After that I sat down and finished hand sewing on the binding on the wedding quilt.

I needed to figure out where I left off 3 weeks ago on the wedding quilt and I have only 15 out of the 42 blocks to quilt! Yeah! I plan on get started on quilting again tonight. It doesn't leave me much time to sew in the evenings with doing my tape and then walking, but I have a month before I want to get this shipped to CA so I an not going to fret about it. I won't get much done this weekend since I will be in Charm working, but maybe I can get a couple of blocks done on Sunday.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Boy those brownies look good!!

Very good on your walking......and resisting the brownies!!

glen