Monday, October 8, 2012

Back to the wedding quilt

I had a crazy busy weekend, but I did get some stuff done. It rained at night Friday and Saturday so I decided to go pull some weeds. Two hours and 15 minutes of pulling, 2 wheelbarrows full of weeds, and 2 beds done.




My brother sent me two of Ray Lamontagne's guitar straps. I found a product from Leather World Technologies that will seal the straps and keep the dye from bleeding out of the straps when they get wet due to sweat. I put two coats on them and hopefully it works. They are in the box and ready to ship today.



Next I spent some time cleaning up my laundry/utility/dye studio/dressing room. I needed to wash all my polo shirts that are the next size down from the ones I am wearing now. I think I will be going into the next size down next week. I also washed and pressed all the fabric I recently bought. I must have done 6 loads of laundry.

I got the binding put on the wedding quilt. No, it is not all quilted, but all the blocks on the edges are quilted so I could put on the binding. I only have 3' of hand sewing to do and the binding will be done.

On Saturday afternoon I made a trip to Dover to see my son. By the time I got back to Akron it was after 8 p.m. and I was tired so I didn't do anything when I did get home.

This week will be all about working on the wedding quilt and getting ready to head to Charm, Ohio on Friday. I will be working at Miller's Dry Goods quilt shop on Friday and Saturday for Charm Days. All the stores have sales and there are lots of community activities. Charm only has one stop sign at the T intersection - it is small! It will be nice to see all the ladies at the shop since I have not seen them since May.

No comments: