Monday, April 18, 2011

Scrap-a-thon

Saturday I decided to work on going thru my scraps. Here is the before of one box.


I got sidetracked from the scrap box when I found some fabrics I could use to make some I Spy quilts. Here is one quilt up on the design wall. I then decided to go thru my stash to see what I could find. I found a number of fruits, vegtable, and music fabrics to add to the quilt. I need to keep going thru my scraps to find more light colored novelty prints that would work. I wanted to make a kind of checkerboard look - the medium fabrics are throwing it off a bit, but heck it just a play type quilt. I have two or three more boxes of scraps I need to go thru to try and find more prints. I cut blocks for three I Spy quilts, but this morning I got to thinking and I should have cut enough for four.


Here are some strips from scraps that I will sew to Kona snow strips and cut 5 1/2" blocks for making zig zag quilts.


Here is the after picture. I worked long and hard on Saturday and it just doesn't look like I accomplished much. It just takes longer than you would think dealing with scraps and cutting for three small quilts.


I was out of town all day Sunday. I didn't get home until 6:30 p.m. and I was beat. I did a load of laundry, had something to eat, relaxed a bit, and went to bead early.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I know how long it takes!! I only got one large bedspread bag sorted, more to go.

Leeanne said...

It is great what you can make from scraps