Monday, February 27, 2017

Major progress

I was at training on Friday - Confined Space and Silica Dust. Once I got home I got to work on the graduation t-shirt quilt. The fabric arrived Thursday and was washed, dried, and ready for me to cut it up. Here is what the quilt top looked like on the design wall for two weeks while I waited for the Essex fabric

At the end of Friday night this is what the top looked like. Lots of pieces and parts made and ready for sewing together

On Saturday I got the top made, pieced the back, pin basted the quilt together and started quilting. Here is what it looked like when I went to bed

On Sunday I quilted all day. I now have 66% of the quilting done. I never left the house all weekend and only took short breaks to get something to eat or drink. I am very comfortable with where I am at on this and it will be done so I can take it with me Saturday morning for gifting.

On Thursday while I was waiting for the Essex fabric to be laundered, I worked on the nine patch star quilt. I got two of the motifs quilted. All I have left to do on this is to quilt the other two motifs and the star block.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The T-shirt quilt is looking great. I'm glad you finally got your fabric.

Vicki W said...

Wow, you got that together quickly! Glad you had such a productive weekend.

Charlene S said...

Both quilts are amazing.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

The T Shirt quilt is beautifully amazing. You are so good at making things work.