Friday, February 10, 2017

Finally a direction!

I have been uninspired about what to do with the design of Dante's graduation t-shirt quilt. I ordered more Essex navy fabric yesterday so I would at least have that. I needed something to be the constant. Then it hit me as I was walking thru the foyer to the studio as I looked at this piece

I decided I would take the backs of the t-shirts and interface them. Next I plan on making striped sections using the t-shirt backs and the Essex. I was so tired when I got home from work last evening - the wind howled yesterday, it was cold, and the snow was a blowing! I was outside for almost two hours and that took the wind out of my sails. I was up early this morning so I got one t-shirt back interfaced and have it married with the Essex.

I was telling my sister about having so little t-shirt for this quilt. I plan on making it twin sized. She made me laugh when she suggested "borders in between them ...BIG BORDERS"

Have a great weekend! I plan on doing as much as I can on the t-shirt quilt until I run out of Essex. I have no idea what else I will work on this weekend, but I think I will be able to find something!

2 comments:

Kaja said...

This seems like a good plan!

QuiltSwissy said...

You know, I am glad you mentioned using the shirt backs. If my mind was sharper, I would have mentioned that to you earlier. One day, like in the good part of 2016, I was cutting up Tshirts to use for something, and I realised what a big pile of shirt backs I had. So I sorted them in color and made some baby quilts with them! Used up some wild fabrics because the shirt backs are plain color blocks so the stashing can be the focus. I had never thought of that before! I love your use of them paired with the Essex. You definitely got inspired!