Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Progress on the Halloween quilt, Michael Miller fabric and weeds

I received my free 8 FQ of Michael Miller fabric for the last challenge I ever plan on participating in.

Here I spread them out so you could see all the colors and the other row is the fabric I bought to add. There is no way I could make a quilt only using 8 FQs.

I did do a bit a weeding last evening until it was raining too hard. Here is the before with lots of thistle

and here is the after. My Shasta daisies which kind of look like a weed, are doing well and that is the green that remains after tearing out the thistle. They are a perennial. Since I grew them from seeds I didn't know if they were going to flower. One plant did flower and I expect next year the rest will bloom. I would have weeded more except for the rain. At least this section is done.

I did get 3 more blocks quilted on the gray and purple Halloween quilt. 19 blocks are done and 11 to go.

1 comment:

QuiltSwissy said...

Whoa! That is a cool looking photo of the quilt!!! It looks like a black and whit photo then you see the purple at the top! I did a double take! I love the effect you obviously planned and orchestrated! LOL