Thursday, September 11, 2014

Progress on the gray & purple Halloween quilt and updates

I went over to my brother's after work expecting to have to clean, but his cleaning lady finally called him and she was at the house when I arrived. YEAH! I changed a light bulb, made the bed, set out the towels, and pick up the mail and I headed home. I had started to rain and about half way home it was pouring! At times I couldn't see a thing. Here there were tornado warnings out. It was still pouring when I got home. Right now I have to help my garage door open because Sunday the right spring broke.

So I had to get out of the car in the pouring rain to help the door open and then get back in the car to move it into the garage. As soon as I was done the rain changed to a sprinkle! Oh well, at least my car got washed off.

I did get a bit of the gray and purple quilt pin basted after I pressed it a bit. I got the bottom two rows pinned.

I untapped the backing for the bottom two rows so I could drop the leaf of my table down. Now I can reach the middle block to pin.

I was looking in my thread stash for quilting thread for this quilt and this is what I came up with.

I just don't buy purple fabric thus I don't have much in the way of purple thread. I will make it work.

We ended up getting 1 1/4" of rain yesterday and today we have a 66% chance of rain. When I got to work there was a break in the clouds - so beautiful.
I turned the other direction and there was nothing but gray clouds.

That little bit of blue sky is long gone now and it is very overcast.

I still have not heard if either of my pieces have been picked for the Farm to Fabric Challenge. I was suppose to hear by Sept. 5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That rain was a real frog strangler. I can but hope that the lack of notice about the contest portends good news.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LOL I might just have sat in the car for a while to see if I could wait it out!

Now i want to do a grey and white quilt...........