I forgot to have a end date for the giveaway, so it will be 9/9/14 at noon EST.
I got two more blocks quilted last evening. So that is 24 done and six to go.
The subject of to do lists came up yesterday in one of my email conversations. I thought it was about time I updated my lists. I had posted a list on 5/17/12 and 5/30/12 which listed a total of 30 quilts to do. Of those 30, I completed 21 since the to do list of 5/17/12. In addition to the 21 completed I also made 24 other quilts and 4 tops for donation since then. I hung the lists including the picture of the items as a reminded on the closet door next to the studio.
So what is going on my new to do list? Well, I still have the 9 quilts not done from the previous two lists, items that I forgot to put on the last two lists, and new items that have found their way to me.
1. Orange and green Halloween quilt I am currently working on - twin sized
2. Gray and purple Halloween quilt - twin sized
3. The Michael Miller Cotton Couture challenge for QuiltCon - I have not received the free 8 FQ's yet so I can't start on this one. These are the additional fabrics I bought for the quilt.
4. Halloween fabric for a quilt for QuiltCon
5. My niece's t-shirt graduation quilt
6. Blue & white log cabin - baby quilt
7 & 8. Two small quilts from the challenge earlier this year that didn't get picked
9. Log Cabin quilt - this is the second large quilt I had pieced. I had started to hand quilt this and it kept getting pushed aside. After two moves and several home remodels, the quilt was filthy and back then I used the batting that was available - polyester. I took out the hand quilting, washed the top and back, and plan to machine quilt this. This is my oldest UFO - 30+ years - and yes, I am going to get 'er done!
10. Improv musical quilt - queen sized - I have started quilting this, but had to put is aside.
11. Log cabin hand dyed fabric - look at the date - 2010! I don't remember the challenge I made this for, but I am way pass the entry date for sure!
12. Black and white star top - queen sized
13. Improv baby quilt
14. Pinwheel baby quilt
15. Blue and tan log cabin - this is partially hand quilted and has polyester batting. I am going to remove the hand quilting, replace the batting, and machine quilt.
16. Wedding ring quilt for a friend - needs some major TLC!
17. Tea towel quilt
18. T-shirt quilt - this is my son's quilt that I took apart to repair and re-quilt.
19. Hockey flannel quilt for my son
20.. Soccer boy 54 1/2 x 73" I may put a border on this one to make it a bit wider.
21. Scrap black and green 34" x 52" this one is partially hand and machine quilted. It has been in this state for years!
22. Maple leaf 78" x 102" the blocks were made by the late sister of a neighbor I had in Dover. I put together the top, because the neighbor does not sew.
23. Danks 90" x 99" this is a young fellow I work with. I made this as a housewarming gift. He and his long time girlfriend have been in their house for 3 years! Up date: they have now been in their house for 5 years and are now married! I need to get this done!
24. Red dog 54" x 65"
25. Cobbles 38" x 49"
I was hoping to find a top I could use for the family xmas quilt this year, but I don't think there is anything in this group that will work for that. I will print out this list and replace the previous two lists and see what I can get done.
I can't be the only one with this kind of crazy to do list. 1. Leave me a comment with how many UFO you have or may have and 2. tell me how old is the oldest UFO you have with every intention to complete. I will put together a fun prize package which will include fabric, thread, and some goodies. Sorry, I will ship to USA addresses only, but for international, I will help you solve a quilting problem or write a custom tutorial for you on a issue you are having - for example, binding, pin basting, or improv piecing.
So let's see how many UFO are out there in the world!