Thursday, March 28, 2013

The MQG meeting was well attended and we had a great time. My demo was well received and it spurred lots of questions, imput, and discusstion. Joanna demonstrated making improv pods which I forgot to take pictures of because I was so busy watching what she was doing!. The techniuque is in the book Quilting Modern by Jacquie Gering, but it was great to see it demonstrated. Thank you Joanna!

Here are pictures of most of the show and tell quilts. The first two, which are mine, and the next two will be going into a quilt exhibit at the local Cascade Quilt Guild annual quilt show next weekend. Joanna, who is a member of the Cascade, was looking for pieces to show the modern quilt movement. There were a couple more pieces she gathered at the meeting that I missed taking photos of. I will go to the show and post pictures. The rest of the pics are quilts in progress and completed projects. A nice variety of work!

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Your pieces are very dramatic! Love them.

Congratulations on having something in the show. It is always exciting to exhibit your work. It changes the way it looks to me. I love to see it up!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh, and please do tell.....what are pods?