Thursday, March 7, 2013

A sewing project and a bathroom update

I was on a search mission yesterday for a countertop for my bathroom vanity. This is the last big piece I need for the bathroom puzzle. I called around for prices and they ranged from $700.00 for stone to $320.00 for cultured marble. Guess which I am picking? I had to drive to the cultured marble place to pick out a color after work at rush hour. Luckly I left at the right time to get thru the central interchange without any problems with the rush hour traffic. I didn't get home until almost 5:45. Here is my vanity without the doors and drawers.


I was really tired when I did get to the house so I just chilled a bit and played around trying to get a new zipper pull on this case for Mike. I messed with it and messed with it and wasn't having much luck. I got up about 12:30 a.m. and played around with it again. I finally was able to get the pull on. The bag was very hard to zip so I put some silicone stuff on it and rubbed a bar of soap on the teeth. It works a bit better, but my fingers are so sore from trying to get this done. At lunch today I will hand sew a stop and sew the end of the zipper to that back piece of webbing to keep the zipper in place.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I have cultured marble in my master bath and its the tub enclosure for the front bath, I keep a squeegee in the front bath for the tub enclosure walls. Simple to just squeegee it down as you finish. Saves a LOT of elbow grease later!

Good fix on the case for Mike!