Monday, February 18, 2013

A little sewing, painting, caulking, and sanding - Oh my!

Here is what I accomplished this weekend on the home improvement front.

Fabric storage windows - install the casing, caulked, and made curtains.
Before





After



Bathroom window - in this picture the drywall is covering up part of the window.


and after



The bathroom ceiling - I had to put on a second coat of mud then I sanded it. Sanding a ceiling is the job from hell! Thank goodness it is a small bathroon! 6' x 11'-6". After sanding and cleaning up a lot of dust I primed the ceiling at 7 p.m. last night.


Primed ceiling



This doesn't seem like a lot of work for one weekend. There were a couple of small things I also did - added blocking for a cabinet and I had to prime and paint some of the trim first before I installed it this weekend. A real time sucker is when you have to make six trips to the miter saw in the garage to keep cutting one piece of casing trim so it fits just right. I didn't have to make six trips for each of the twelve pieces I installed this weekend, but I sure was tired from going up and down the ladder and steps!

So the Buffet quilt did not get touched except to stick a piece that was falling off the wall, but I did make the curtains.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

That seems like a whole lot of work to me!

QuiltSwissy said...

It looks like everything is coming together nicely. The windows look so good with the new curtains. Think about the fabric that room will hold!