Monday, October 22, 2012

Productive weekend

I managed to get the pair of lined pants for my neighbor hemmed and the jacket sleeves are almost done. I will finish those tonight.

I got all the fabric from my last purchase washed and pressed. My shelf with all my music and pirate fabric is almost full! I now have pleanty of choices for the next quilt I make.

I worked on the wedding quilt in between the weekend activities. I now have 6 1/3 blocks left to quilt. The blocks in the center of the quilt take longer to quilt since I can only quilt a few inches before I need to straighten up the quilt. The feel of the quilt is so great. I love the texture of all the line quilting and how the quilting just makes the quilt come to life.

I know it is a bit wacky that I don't start in the middle and work outwards, but I find the the quilt is easier to handle rolling it up when the part you roll up is already quilted. The quilting keeps the layer from shifting and with good pin basting I usually don't have a problem doing it this way. So far (knock on wood here) I have not gotten any bunching or puckers in the back.

Sunday the weather was beautiful! I went for a walk (somewhere between 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 miles) and enjoyed the beauty of the trees. Here are a few I saw.




The weather is suppose to be in the low 70's this week so I will be walking at lunch time down at the tow path. I think I walked 4 out of 5 days last week. The crowds had thinned out since the weather has gotten cooler, but I can imagine this week there will be more people since the weather will be warmer.

No comments: