Monday, October 29, 2012

Art Museum, Bruce and rain OH MY!

The opening at the museum went well, despite the food being late (somebody gave the caterer the wrong time) and the rain. I worked the bar and ended up opening 29 bottles of wine. Here are the corks.

Saturday I headed to Pittsburg with my brother, Mike, Robin, and my nephew, Michael. We dropped of Michael with his Uncle Bob and we went and got something to eat. Here is the back of the building where we got to park. The fellow in the red plaid shirt is Bob.

I counted seven buses.

I didn't count the semi trucks, but there were a lot of them!

I took this picture at the side of the stage. There is Bob getting stuff ready for the horn section.

Here is the top of a road case I was standing beside. Yes, that says Bruce Tools on top.

Michael got to sit beside his uncle during the concert and the rest of us stood in front of the stage. Michael was looking at You Tube videos on Sunday from the concert. He saw one that was shot by someone who had seats behind the stage. He took a freeze frame and when he looked closely at it he saw his mom and I! He put a red arrow to point us out. Too funny!

When Bruce body surfed back to the stage, I tried to help. His left foot was right over my head and I managed to touch the bottom of his left boot. With all the tall guys holding him up I was no help! I had a great time!

Here was the crowd to my left

and to my right

in front of me - this guy was freakin' huge!

Robin, my sister-in-law

Bruce played from 8:15 to 11:30. It took awhile for us to get the the express way. If you have ever been to Pittsburg the city streets are tight and it is amazing how the express ways were engineered and squashed into the city. We only had to go two city blocks to get to the highway, but there were cars in every nook and cranny trying to get onto the city streets. I pulled into my garage at 2:40 a.m. It was so worth it!

Sunday I did manage to get some machine quilting done between laundry and nodding off a few times. I only have 3 1/2 blocks to finish on the wedding quilt.

I guess I won't be walking much at lunch this week due to the hurricane. I don't mind the cold, but it is raining and the wind is suppose to be blowing 30 to 40 mph. With that wind the unbrella won't do much good and the flying debris could be dangerous.

1 comment:

QuiltSwissy said...

How exciting!!!! What grat pictures!