Monday, April 16, 2012

Working on baby quilts

I quilted the second brown and pink quilt that I already had pin basted a while ago and also got the binding machine sewn on. I still need to do the hand stitching. This quilt is going to a lady at the shop where I get my hair cut. She had a baby girl in January.

Next I dug out my pile of backing pieces and scraps. I worked on the backings for the green and brown tops I put together a couple of months ago.

Here is the back and front of one of the green and brown quilts I got the back done and pin basted.


I have the second green and brown quilt laid out and ready to pin baste. I used two leftover blocks on the back of this quilt.


I have three or four more tops that need backs so I think I will continue making the backs and pin basting until they are all done. Then I will start quilting them, but I will probably bind them as I get them quilted.
Maybe I will put a dent in my scrap backing pile. It feels good to reduce this pile and put these pieces to use.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like you might be ahead on the baby quilts but those babies keep coming! It is better to bind as you go. I think it is overwhelming to have a pile that all need the hand sewing.