Monday, April 2, 2012

This weekend's accomplishments

Saturday I was just plain tired. I don't know why. It was hard to get much done although I forced myself to finish piecing the linen piece. It is now pin basted and I started quilting it. It is good to have a machine quilting thread stash because I found all the colors I needed for this piece in my stash. I was concerned not having any light blue, but there were two spools just waiting to be used in this!


I am still going though containers of stuff from my fabric storage room and Peg's bedroom redecorating projects. Here are some of goodies(?) I found:
I had made this green block party quilt

Here is some leftover pieces. I already sewed together the top and bottom rows before I thought to take a picture.

I sewed together the blocks in the middle. I will add Kona snow strips and a border and I will have another baby quilt for my stash.

Here are some blocks that were leftover from a quilt I gave to Janet Jackson. I will have to make a few more blocks from all the homespuns I still have and this will be a cute boy baby quilt.

I will continue this post of the things I found in just the first container tomorrow.

I finally got the majority of the grass out of my flower bed. I still have a lot more work to do to get it in good shape, but after 2 hours of digging I was tired last night. Hope you had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

And you did that all that feeling tired? I just laid around and coughed for two days! I need to be sick more actively!!

glen