Tuesday, April 3, 2012

More blocks I found

Before I get into the blocks I found, I did pick up this shoe storage unit for $10.00. On-line I saw prices from $28.00 on up so I guess I got a good deal!

I put it together last night while I was watching the Tour of the Basque Country bicycle race that I had taped. Now my shoes are corralled and not all over the place where I seem to trip over them all the time.

Here are more blocks I found when cleaning out just one storage container.
Here are 42 hand pieced bow tie blocks that vary in size - 5 1/2" x 6" , 6' x6". I will never do anything with these. I think I must have gotten them in a box of sewing stuff at an auction. Anyone interested in them? I would be willing to let them go to a good home for the postage.

Here are 25 hand pieced 9 path blocks. They again vary in size, but are around 7' x 8, 7 1/2" x 8 etc. Same deal as above.

Here are some blocks that are leftover from the family Xmas quilt I made several years ago. The trimmed ones are 4 1/2" x 4 1/2". There are 20 all together.

Here are 17 3" x 3" paper pieced blocks. I love the colors, but I hate ripping off the paper. I made these years ago and did make a mini quilt of of these. I should have taken a picture of it - I will post that tomorrow. Ripping the paper off would be a good job to do while watching tv I guess.

Then there is this mass of odd and ends single blocks. I made a quilt years ago (another family Xmas quilt) out of my Mom's orphan blocks. They were just as varied as these. It turned out pretty good so that is what I may do with these. It is funny how I can look at these and remember the quilts some of them were in.

One of the guys found this next to the sidewalk this morning. Yes, it is a duck egg. Looks like someone had some breakfast. I wish I would see momma leave so I could look and see if there are any eggs left in the nest. If this keeps happening, maybe she will move her next to a different location next time.

2 comments:

Charlene S said...

Lovely blocks! I would gladly pay the postage and give them all a good home.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love your block finds. Not sure if I have time for them with so much needing done in my own part of the world!

Poor Duck Babies.

glen