Friday, April 6, 2012

A fun Thrusday evening

I wanted to go to JoAnn's corporate headquarters in Hudson, Ohio to meet Denyse Schmidt so I called my sister-in-law to see if she wanted to go. She lives on the way to Hudson. It ended up my brother, my sister-in-law, and their son, Michael, all went. First we stopped and had some dinner at a Mexican resturant, and then we headed up to JoAnn's. Here is Denyse holding a mounted piece I gave her.

She was very nice and I got to talk to her awhile. She said several quilters from the Akron MQG had stopped in so I bet that will be a hot topic at the meeting on April 25. At that meeting the topic is favorite quilt books so I can imagine people will bring their autographed copies of her new book to share. Four of the quilts from the new book were there, tobacco leaf, snake trail, shoeman's puzzle, and crazy star. I don't know that I should post pictures from the book, so I won't.

After I was done at JoAnn's we headed up to the middle school in Hudson where my sister-in-law is a teacher. She needed to orgainze some stuff in her room. She had left early because her son was in the school talent show and she wanted to see him perform. Yes, this is my nephew, Michael, that is the guitar player. Michael goes to school in Cuyhoga Falls which is about 10 miles from Hudson. Here is a picture of her room

Once we helped her do what she needed to get done, she took me over to see the new athletic field. There was someone in town that passed away and left $4,000,000.00 to the school to put in a new field for the middle school. This field was gorgeous!! There are high schools that don't have a field half this nice! Artifical turf, a brick and wrought iron fence surrounding the field, and a coach's box or whatever you call those building that they can put a camera in to film a game or where someone could broadcast - I cannot remember what you call them.



After the tour we headed back to their house. When they walked me out to my car my brother noticed that one of my tires was low. He had me pull the car into the driveway and put are in all my tires. I finally headed home at 8:30. To say the least no sewing was accomplished.

I hope we get out of work early today so I can get my weekend projects started. I want to continue to work on the linen piece and maybe pin baste a few baby quilt together.

Have a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Denise Schmidt! I love her. Lucky you.

Sounds like a great day. And I think they do call it a coaches box. But I am not a sports fan of anything, so I may just be agreeing with you because I like you and don't want you to feel bad! LOL.

glen