Friday, April 13, 2018

Progress on the JB piece

Not much progress, but progress. Here it is laid out ready for me to sew the white t-shirt section to the divider/sashing strip.

I was lucky to get this much done and I have been so tired from the long hours at work. Yesterday I got to work at 5:30 a.m. so I could start cleaning before the workers arrived. Last week the infectious control lady for the hospital was not happy with the dust in the corridors and elevators. The corridors and elevators are public spaces that we have to use to take demolishing crap out to the dumpsters and for workers to take their tools from floor to floor. The ground floor is where the rebuilding is going on and demolition is underway on the second floor. On the ground floor there was all this grit and dust from drilling the concrete deck for the hangers for the new domestic water, medical gas piping, HVAC duct, and hydronic piping. This grit get drug out on everyone's shoes and on the wheels of dump carts and tool carts. I vacuumed about half way down this corridor and the area to the left picking up trash while I was at it

Vacuumed and swept down this corridor which is the route the guys take their carts of demo debris to the dumpster

And cleaned out to the dumpster door
I cleaned up this mess on the way

After four hours of cleaning, I was hot, sweaty, dirty, tired, and unhappy, but the area where the infectious lady will travel looks better. Areas I didn't get

The hospital staff gave me a nifty swivel mop to use in the public spaces and a bottle of quick drying neutral solution to help the microfiber pads pick up dust.
I already did the elevators and the corridors on ground, 1st and 2nd floor. I will have to go and pull the sticky mats in an hour or so to make sure they are somewhat clean looking. We have those on the ground floor and the 2nd floor. I pulled the one mat this morning and took a picture so you could see how bad they get from the grit, dirt and dust.

The guys on the 2nd floor are finally getting the message and now have their own Swiffer so they are doing a better job of keeping the corridor to the elevators clean. I hope the infection lady is satisfied today.

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It sounds like it would be impossible to keep that area clean without a full time person on it. How long will this job take?

Vicki W said...

My brother does commercial HVAC work and he hates working in hospitals.... which is exactly where is is now.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I hope you don’t have to clean every day! That would be a workout I wouldn’t want to do. I remember how dirty construction sites can get!

Kaja said...

Oh boy! I'm not surprised there are days when you are too tired for sewing. I hope you get a good rest this weekend.