Friday, November 20, 2015

Progress on the one patch quilt

Yesterday I got two of the strip sets sewn together, pressed and cut. I am pressing the seams toward the dark fabric so that I don't have any shadows coming thru the Kona snow for at least this part. Eventually there will be seams pressed to the snow. Here I have strips 1 and 2 on the design wall. Once I get all the strips cut I can move the rows around to make the patches look more random.

The pieces to the right of the quilt will be for the binding and the extra bits to the left will go into the next quilt that will use up all the leftover scraps from the zig zag quilt.

So you know what I will be working on this weekend! I also have to try and get the front yard cleaned up. It is suppose to rain on Saturday, but will be partly sunny on Sunday so I will work my walking, sewing, and yard work around the weather.

I just found a bunch of comments from my November 9th post that ended up in my junk mail box. Don't know why that happened, but I want to thank all of you who commented on how you like the pink zig zag quilt.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I need to get outside this weekend and pick up stick for kindling. It's almost time to crank up the wood stove!