Thursday, March 5, 2015

My machine and our quilt group meeting

I got my original Pfaff 1475 back from my repair guru yesterday - YEAH! So no excuses!

There were four of us at quilt group last evening and we had a lively discussion. Of course I talked about QuiltCon. June brought two lovely baby quilts. For the first one the new mother gave her a picture of what she wanted - sort of a rainbow look.

June looked at it and said to herself she could do better and she did. Look at this beautiful quilt!

And the back had a lot of detail too!

Here is the other quilt she made. So lovely and the fabric on the back was so cute!

Joanna had gone to a workshop in California on translucent. They painted silk organza and then experiment with layering the different colors. She finished this piece with stitching and a pillowcase back - no batting. It was exquisite!

Joanna also showed to completed UFO's which were both knock outs!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

You have a really good group!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh I do so love those tree branches or stick. Whatever they were I really like them.

I am thinking of using some of my dyes in something like that.

Also like the translucent piece.