Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Big clean up and daffodils

I didn't get any sewing done last evening as I spent my time starting the big clean up. Last November I had the new floor installed in the garage and foundation repaired. I had not spent the time putting the stuff back in the garage. Most of it was in the laundry/utility/dye studio and it was a mess! I have company coming next week so thus the big clean up. I spent 2 1/2 hours hauling stuff out of the laundry room, sorting thru boxes, hanging up my tools, and pitching stuff. Here is what it looked like before

Here is the after. Now that my tools are hung up on the pegboard I can find what I am looking for instead of digging thru boxes.

By 7:10 I was starting to fade. Here is what the after of the laundry/utility/dye studio looks like. No, I did not take a before because even I could not be that honest to show you what a mess it was! It looks 100% better! I still need to take that wood shelf out to the garage, but at least I am not tripping over stuff.

I have a bit more straightening up to do in the laundry/utility/dye studio then I will move on to the rest of the lower level. I did get a couple loads of laundry done while I was straightening up last evening and will work on the rest tonight. So since I am doing the big clean up I don't think I will be able to get the UFO's or the linen piece done for March.

Yesterday I had to go the store to get garbage bags for the office so while I was there I picked up some OTC cold products. Yes, I have a cold and I really don't have time for it right now! It started Saturday night and I feel pretty crappy today.

It is warm enough the daffodils are poking their heads up. I had taken a bunch of mulch and dumped it into the front flower bed for the garage project and here I had buried some daffodils. They are still fighting their way to the surface, but are quite yellow! I pulled some of the mulch away from them and they should start to green up.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

So is that your basement? I have no concept of a house under another house!

Sorry about your sniffles! Feel better soon, it is no fun having a cold