Monday, December 8, 2014

Sewing DP blocks and flannel quilt

I managed to get a lot done this weekend. Saturday it was in the upper 30's so I could power wash the garage floor. Even though I vacuumed up the dust from saw cutting, there was still a fine layer of dust that would stick to my shoes and therefore get drugged into the house. It was driving me crazy. I also put some of the wire shelving back up so I could move a number of boxes out of the laundry/utility room and back into the garage.

I sew a few of the DP blocks and stuck them on the design wall. I am not sure where I am going with this piece, but this arrangement is just to have a place to put the blocks and is not the final placement.

I was scrambling trying to take the leftover bits and pieces of block parts to come up with enough blocks to finish the flannel quilt top. When I moved around a chair in my studio I decided to put away the sheets I had stacked there. Once I did that I found a stack of flannel strips sitting there on the chair! Yeah! I had totally forgotten that I had put them on the chair. Here is the top.

It will end up 11 blocks wide and 13 blocks long or 82.5" x 97.5" if I stay with this layout. I am thinking I ought to reduce the size by one row each way so that it would be 75" x 90". I could then use the remaining blocks with the pieces and parts I just found to make another small flannel quilt.


Vicki W said...

The plaid quilt is going to look fantastic!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LOVE those red blocks in there. What a dynammic look it adds

Sharon said...

I do love the rectangular Drunkard's Path units! So different and intriguing.
What a fun plaid 9-patch too!