Friday, July 11, 2014

Working on a plan

I have become overwhelmed with things to do. I sat down yesterday and got my calendar updated with all the gigs I will help out with my nephew's band. I will slip in vacation days after gig date especially if the gig is a weeknight.

Next is figuring out a plan for all the quilts I need to get quilted. If I am not sleeping, at work, at a gig, or volunteering at the museum, I will be quilting for the next 4 1/2 months! I added one more to the mix after talking to one of my brother's yesterday. I now want to get this music quilt top quilted in case I need it for a thank you gift for a musician that might end up playing with Michael. Date that it needs completed - July 31.

Next in line is the ocean quilt. Due date - Aug. 17.

Then there are the birthday quilts - due date - end of September


Throw in a quilt or two for QuiltCon and my niece's graduation quilt and I have a lot of quilting to do!

I got home from work and speed watched the TdF before I headed off to the museum to work. Overnight one more rider abandoned due to injuries the day before and another abandoned early in the stage. There were 41 crashes in Stage 5 which equaled a lot of sore bodies. Thanks goodness Stage 6 was not as dramatic, but there was some light intermittent rain, but there were hard cross tail winds that proved difficult. My man Peter Sagan was involved in a crash. He only hurt his elbow a bit. He is still the leader in the sprint green jersey competition and the white jersey for the best young rider. Here he is receiving his awards after Stage 6.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

With all you have on your plate you are going to wake up tomorrow and it's going to be Christmas!