Monday, June 30, 2014

Worked a show and sewed blocks

I needed to get my big table cleared off so on Friday evening I cleaned up from making those covers, pressed FQ's together and then cut blocks for the first of three Halloween quilts I am making. Saturday I sewed a few blocks together, but I had to get ready to help out at a gig for the band.

Oh, was it hot. We were in a parking lot and it was 89 degrees. There were lots of bikes

New and vintage cars. Yes, that is a Lamborghini
Vendors

Here is The Michael Weber Show on stage. My sister-in-law had gone shopping and I now have 5 or 6 vests I need to make for Michael to wear on stage.

I got home about 9:30 and I was wiped out due to the heat.

Sunday I decided to work on finishing up the Halloween blocks for the first quilt. I was sewing away and then the electricity went out at 1:15 pm. I trimmed blocks for about an hour. Once I finished those there was still no electricity so I took a nap. The electricity came back on and I finished the blocks for the first quilt.

Now that the table is cleared off I can go back to working on the ocean quilt. I looked up my deadline and I need to have this finished by August 17. My schedule is filling up. I think I will have to start taking some vacation to sew.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I like this quilt a lot! I'm confident you will get the ocean quilt done in time.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I didn't realize it was going to be graduated color. I like it!

We've been hot here too. Frank had to go into the field today and wearing a Nomax suit was tough. the fibers close up in heat to prevent the wearer from getting burned in a fire. But it makes a really hot suit on a hot day.

the Bassets and I were cool all day long!

Victoria said...

Great looking quilt top!