Friday, January 17, 2014

Progress on the music quilt and toasted chick peas

The music quilt is coming along nicely. I am over half done and it will be done this weekend. Maybe I will have enough time to start on the other music quilt.

Yesterday I found a recipe for toasted chick peas to for a healthy snack. I had chick peas in the cupboard so I tried it out. The receipe is on http://www.alisaburke.blogspot.com. After the peas were done I just sprinkled a little salt and paprika on them. They are nice and crispy out of the oven. I let them cool and put them in a storage container. This morning I tried them and they did lose the crispness, but they were still tasty. So easy to make: drain peas, lay on a paper towel to get any excess moisture, mix the peas with a little olive oil, spread on a baking sheet and toast for 15 minutes or so at 400 degrees. I put mine in for 10 minutes then tossed them around a bit and continued to toast. When they are hot out of the oven sprinkle with any seasonings or herbs you want.

Life is starting to get busy for me. I needed a way to keep me on track so I found a small three ring binder. In it I have my calendar and to do list. Then I also have information for projects I am involved in. I have a horrible habit of writing stuff on random pieces of paper then losing those papers and missing dates.

I did get news that the art museum is still going to sponsor me teaching an improvisational piecing workshop in February! We are working out the details for the workshop requirements. The museum is launch a new website and the workshop will be on it plus they will do an email blast. I am excited about this and I need to put my nose to the grid stone to get prepared for this.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Quilt's looking good, and mmmm... will have to try the chickpea recipe, thanks for sharing!

Vicki W said...

I eat a lot of hummus so I'll have to try this recipe!