Monday, January 16, 2012

1st finish of 2012, but where was my brain?

I finished the pink, gray and brown zig zag quilt. But just look at it - where was my brain?! When I trimmed the sides I should have trimmed them the same. You can see what I did wrong can't you? I did not see my mistake until it was too late - like the binding was on it! Oh well, the kid is going to get it anyway.


Look at all the deer that were in my backyard on Sunday - eight of them in two groups. They were digging thru the snow looking for breakfast. We didn't get that much snow - only about a couple of inches.

Hancock's have been having some good sales lately and here is was I received Saturday. I loved the rock n' roll roses and bought 6 yards of that. It was only $3.98 a yard.

Here is my next project. I started this quilt last year, but never had time to finish it.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Isn't it funny that we get so into our work sometimes that we can't see the big things! I hope I can get through the year without buying ANY fabric. I bought a lot for quilt backs in December and had to put them away this week. Ugh. There was no room! I'll be chanting "don't buy fabric" all year!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

hey, chalk it off as a "new modern" quilt! My guild now says, hey, she's doing that "modern" thing again!

glen: it looks great,he will love it anyway!