Friday, July 8, 2011

Progress on the Dutch wax quilt and a good day in the saddle

I worked on the bottom 6 rows last evening while I watched the Tdf. They are all sewn together. Now I need to added the extra pieces on the upper right section and then I will be able to do the final assembly of the top. Then it will be on to the back of the quilt. I don't know how much I might get done this weekend since I maybe with family all day on Saturday.

Stage 6 was won by Hagen, a Dutch rider on team SKY. Thor is still in yellow. No major crashes yesterday - just a few involving one rider here and there. It rained on and off during the stage and Levi Leipheimer from team RadioShack slid on the water laying on top of the road paint and hit the floor, but did not get hurt. It was near the end of the race and there was not enough time for him to catch up to the main peleton so he lost some time on the race leaders.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

At first I was skeptical about the quilt. But now I am totally impressed. I really do like it.

I am always amazed at what happens when people do the unexpected.

Great quilt!

glen: mot so sure about the meatballs though---LOL. Trying again tonight.