Thursday, July 14, 2011

More patches on the design wall

I added more rows to the Xmas zig zag quilt last evening. I have gone thru the entire pile of patches and now I know what colors in the scrap bins I need to work on next - yellow, pink, and purple for sure. Right now the finish size would be 70" x 85". I will need make it a bit wider and possibly one or two rows longer.

Here is the pile of patches left that will go into baby quilts. This spring I just barely got into turning my scraps into these patches, so it will be interesting to see how many quilts all of these scraps turn into. So glad I bought a bolt and a half of Kona snow in May - I am going to need it to wrangle all my scraps into usable patches!

Yesterday it was a good day for Mark Cavendish of team HTC - he won the stage and is now leader in the green points jersey. Mark is an intense competitor, but has a soft, emotional side that makes you just want to give him a hug. It just poured rain at the end of the stage and I was concerned that there potential for a crash because of the wet conditions, but it was all good.

Today's stage profile - the first day in the Pyrenees - is a gut buster! I could not walk up those mountains much less ride a bike!

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love your patches, what size do you make your blocks?

I didn't realize the bikers rode up mountains! I have a new respect for them now. We have nothing higher than a speed bump here in Louisiana!

glen